Moravian Sugar Cake
Write a review
For the Dough
- 1/2 Cup Warm water + 2 yeast packets
- 1 Cup Plain Mashed Potatoes (no milk, no butter, nothing.)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour (slowly add last)
- 1 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon or more 😉
- Combine warm water and yeast packets and let sit for about 5 min.
- After 5 min add it to a stand mixer along with mashed potatoes, salt, melted butter, eggs, sugar, and milk.
- As this all mixes slowly add the flour until combined well. The dough will be sticky. We're not trying to make bread dough!
- When you're happy with the dough, leave it in the mixing bowl or move it to a bowl sprayed with cooking spray and let it sit for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until the dough has doubled. I like to spray some cooking spay on top of the dough and cover the bowl with wax paper so that when it rises it will not stick.
- Spray 2 jelly roll pans with cooking spray. Or whatever size pan you want. I use one single 11x15 stoneware bar pan.
- Plop the dough on the pan(s). Spray your hands and the top of the dough with pan spray to keep it from sticking, and start stretching/patting/pulling the dough to fit each pan. Try poking your fingers into it as if you're playing the piano. This helps make little indentations for pools of butter and sugar to form.
- Once the dough is shaped let rise in the pan for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated over at 375º for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Foods For Dudes http://www.foodsfordudes.com/