This is the only recipe you will ever need for a Shepherd’s Pie. No others will compare to the glory your tastebuds will endure. This is the only version I have ever attempted and will most likely be the only version I ever make.
Mom’s Goulash Recipe…need I say more? Well, sure. Im not sure where my mom got this recipe from or if I even knew what Goulash was as a kid, but according to wikipedia; Goulash is “is a soup or stew of meat and vegetables, seasoned with paprika and other spices. Originating from the medieval Kingdom of Hungary.”
One thing I know for sure is that Hungary is the last thing you’ll be after a bowl full of this with a side of corn bread.
- 1 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 can of Van Camp's Pork & Beans, 15 Oz
- 1/2 cup of Kraft Barbecue Sauce (hot). You can use just about any BBQ sauce, but mom always used the Kraft Hot which has been discontinued. You could try Kraft's Slow-Simmered Thick & Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste (not really necessary)
- Chop pepper and onion and combine with ground beef in large skillet.
- Cook on medium high heat until the ground beef is browned. Skim of excess fat.
- Add Pork 'n Beans, and barbecue sauce. Simmer at low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, you can make a pan of Cornbread while the last step is cooking.
I’ve been making a variation of this since my days in college. Its super easy to make and is a favorite in our household.